How the service works for interpreters:
1. Click the “Login/Sign up” button in the upper-right corner, then click “No account,” change “I am a client” to “I am an interpreter,” and fill out the registration form:
2. After you’ve sent a request for registration and review, a moderator will contact you in about 3 days (it depends on the workload), ask you all necessary questions, and verify your information.
3. After a successful interview, the moderator gives the interpreter access to the platform and approves their rating and price for the platform.
4. The interpreter should fill in their profile within 10 days: add a video-CV, an audio recording and photos, add information about work experience and participation in big projects, list their education, accomplishments, and attach their diploma and certificates. If an interpreter does not fill out their profile within 10 days, their rating will be lowered to 1 or their profile will be deleted.
5. After filling out the profile, the interpreter can wait for orders. When an order comes, the interpreter gets a notification and information about the type of order, its status (urgent or not), and the name of the client. If the interpreter can take the order, they confirm..
6. The customer receives a notification to confirm the interpreter, approves them as the provider, chooses a suitable form of payment, pays, and gets the interpreter’s contact information.
7. The interpreter connects with the client, gets all the necessary work materials, clarifies the event details, and comes to the event on time.
8. After completing the order, the interpreter indicates the end time and leaves a review for the client.
9. The interpreter received feedback and a review from the client.
10. They receive the payment through whatever payment method was specified in the contact details . After receiving the payment, the interpreter can take the next new order.
How the service works for clients:
1. A client makes a request for an interpreter. You can see more details in our FAQ/ Interpreter search request.
2. The system chooses interpreters that match your criteria.
3. The client chooses the interpreters and sends them notifications for the order.
4. If no interpreter is chosen, this order is sent to the catalogue and all interpreters receive notifications about this order.
5. When one or more interpreters receive an order notification, they can respond to it or ignore it.
6. If there is more than one response for the order, the customer obtains all the notifications, looks through the profiles of all the interpreters again and chooses one of them. After this process, the profiles of other interpreters will stay available.
7. If one interpreter is found and responds to the order, the client approves them as the provider. For the period of the order, the interpreter’s profile is not available to other clients.
8. After approving the interpreter, the customer should pay for the order in any convenient way:
9. After the payment, the client gets the contacts for the interpreter. They can call the provider through the platform or send an email. The purpose of the call is to discuss details and to get the information for preparing and interpreting. We ask you to respect interpreters’ need for additional information to prepare for the event, because they also respect your business interests. Otherwise, they can refuse the order and indicate “No information provided to prepare” as information.
10. The interpreter comes to the meeting earlier, before it starts, as is specified in the request. The clock starts automatically from the time the interpreter has specified in the request.
11. The interpreter successfully carries out their work, achieves the necessary results, and completes the order. Then they rate the work with the client and give feedback. The client receives the notification, confirms the order is complete, rates the interpreter, and gives feedback.
12. If the interpreter has worked overtime, but the order was paid in full, the customer pays for overtime outside the platform. If the payment was deferred, an additional hour of overtime work is reserved for the client, and if both – the interpreter and the client — confirm the overtime work, the main sum for interpreting and sum for overtime work are charged from the customer.
13. If the client cancels the order, a sum from 30% to 90 % of the order value will be charged, depending on how far in advance the order was cancelled. But if he cancels the order on the last day, the total cost of the order will be charged, except the reservation cost.
Advice for filling out the interpreter search request form.
- The city/town. Specify the place the interpreter must be from.
- Translation type. Specify the type of interpreting: oral, consecutive, simultaneous, whisper interpreting and guide-translation. You can get more additional information about types of oral interpreting from the article “Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting are not the same!”. If you do not know what type of interpreting is suitable for your case, choose “Oral interpreting”. Then, you should give the interpreter all the necessary information about the meeting and they can recommend an interpretation type.
- Translation category. The more precisely you choose the category of interpreting, the more accurate our search engine is. Search terms will be expanded every time, and the probability of selecting the interpreter you need will also increase.
- Language pair. Specify the language you need to interpret from. For example, if you need bilateral interpretation from Russian into English and vice versa, you should choose two pairs.
- The interpreter’s native language. If you need a Russian-speaking interpreter, specify that the native language should be Russian. If you need a native Arabic interpreter, specify this in the form.
- The date of the event.
- The start time. Specify the precise time of the meeting. The interpreter must come within 30 to 60 minutes prior to the start of the event to meet with audience, speaker, technical staff, and to clarify details.
- Duration. Specify how long the meeting will last. For example, difficult negotiations with international partners take from 3 to 5 hours, so 5 hours should be the duration. The minimal time of interpreter engagement is 3 hours even if interpreting takes just 1 hour.
- Urgent order. The order can be marked as a urgent, then the interpreters can see the order in the catalogue, and will also receive notifications via email. Rush orders are paid in full after approving the doer. No refund is available after completing the order by the interpreter.
- Price of one hour. It is filled by hand in corresponding fields. The same actions you do with the price range.
- Gender. It can be male or female.
- Rating. Specify the rating of the interpreter you want to hire. The minimal rating of interpreters on Belingua is 3.5. Specify that you want to watch the video-CV of the interpreter, the document confirming their qualification, reviews and certificates.
- Detailed information about the order. It is forbidden to specify references, telephone numbers, or your email. This information will be blocked immediately and the search will be stopped.
Information checklist for the interpreter (from the customer):
- The name of the event
- Information about speaker
- The place of meeting
- Dress code
- Aim of the meeting or negotiations
You should point out that, after approving the order, information and necessary materials will be provided. You can find some technical details on interpreting in the article “Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting are not the same!”. After receiving the interpreter’s response, pay for the order and get the interpreter’s contact information, and send the materials for preparing for the meeting by email.